The following entry guidelines are applicable to all WA athletes nominating for the Western Australian State Team to compete at the 2019 Australian Athletics Championships.
To qualify for the 2019 Australian Athletics Championships:
- Any athlete that placed in the first three at the 2018 WA State All Schools Championships will automatically qualify (regardless of age group changes)
- Any athlete that places in the first three at the WA State Championships (to be held 15 – 17 February 2019) will automatically qualify
- Any athlete that achieves the entry standard as set out by Athletics Australia’s Entry Standards within the qualifying period will automatically qualify.
- An athlete must achieve the standard with the correct implement weight or hurdle height
- Performances can be achieved at all Strive events and approved events held by State member associations.
- The maximum wind reading for performances to be valid is 2m/s (Open & U23) and 4m/s (U14-U20)
- Athletes 12 or 13 years of age are not permitted to enter the steeplechase
Under 14 - must be born in 2006 or 2007
Under 15 - must be born in 2005 or later
Under 16 - must be born in 2004 or later
Under 17 - must be born in 2003 or later
Under 18 - must be born in 2002 or later
Under 20 - must be born in 2000 or later
Under 23 - must be born in 1997, 1998 and 1999 only
Para-athlete age groups will be U16 and U20
Please note: Athletes MUST turn 12 in the year of competition in order to compete in these Championships.