Expression of Interest – Athlete assistance packages
2016 Australian Half Marathon Championship
Date: Sunday 3rd July 2016
Venue: Gold Coast (Southport), QLD
Host Event: Gold Coast Airport Marathon – Asics Half Marathon
Event Website: http://goldcoastmarathon.com.au/
Individual Championship: Yes
Teams Championship: Yes
To following assistance package is available for six male and six female athletes:
· Free race entry to all nominated MA team members.
· Use of the Elite Athlete facilities on race day.
· An elite start at the front of the field.
· One night's twin share accommodation to a maximum of three (3) male and three (3) female athletes from each State of Territory at the Runaway Bay Super Sports Centre. Additional nights can be organised at a cost of $90 per person per night.
· Shuttle to the start line for those staying at the Super Sports Centre.
All expression of interests must be received by COB Tuesday 31 May 2016 at Stephen.S@waathletics.org.au for consideration.
Your expression of interest must detail:
1. Full Name
3. Date of Birth
4. Best performance
6. Contact Email address
7. Contact Phone number
Athletes not provided an assistance package or free entry must enter via the event website listed above. Please be aware of entry deadlines.
Only financial members of a State or Territory Member Association are eligible to compete for an Australian Championship as an individual or in a team category. Athletes are expected to wear the State uniform when competing and for presentation ceremonies.
Selection is at the sole discretion of Athletics WA.
Each selected athlete will be contacted by the race organisers independently to arrange their race entry.
For all inquiries contact Stephen Stingemore Athletics WA 0404 828 719.